Cluster Members Complementarity
The cluster members include a balanced mix of companies, which contribute complementary skills, expertise, products and services towards realizing the cluster vision. Specifically, the cluster members contribute expertise on clinical investigation, drug development, environmental biomarkers, environment health services, environment sensors, biosensors, ICT systems and analytics for bioinformatics and clinical trials management, as well as diagnostic capabilities. The accumulation of excellence and expertise in all these areas is a clear competitive advantage for BIONIAN Cluster, especially given the fact that several of these capabilities (e.g. clinical trials systems, niche drug development) boost the excellence of the project in the area of clinical investigation and environment.
- Athens Information Technology
- Choremio Research Laboratory
- Eugenideio General Hospital
- Pharmaserve Lilly
- Heeqac SA
- Hellenic Pasteur Institute
- Hellenic Biotech Association
- Merck S.A
- Dimokritos National Center for Scientific Research
- National Technical University of Athens
- University of Athens
- University of Ioannina
- University of Patra
- El drug
- Liaros Biomedical clinic
- Technological Education Institute of Western Macedonia
- Life Choice
- IST College
Technological and Scientific Excellence
The BIONIAN Cluster builds upon an excellent scientific and technological base, which comprises hundreds of relevant high-impact scientific publications (of the academic members), thousands of citations and numerous patents held by the enterprises of the cluster, as well as worldwide renown scientists (such as the academic leaders of the participating research institutes). This excellence provides a sound basis for producing globally innovative results and accordingly penetrating relevant markets, notably the clinical trials and environment health markets which are primarily targeted by BIONIAN Cluster.
BIONIAN Cluster has an outstanding Board of Scientific Counsellors, dedicated to the development of the Cluster.BIONIAN facilitator has already established agreements and memoranda of understanding (MoU) with leading global Institutions including:
- National Institutes of Health
- Johns Hopkins University, U.S.A.
- University of Maryland, U.S.A.
- King Saud University in Saudi Arabia
- Bioscience Park in Mubarak City, Egypt
- China National BioTec Group
- Consortium BIOMAC, Russia