In conjunction with the proclaimed assets of Greek biotechnology organizations (e.g., the availability of professionals of the highest caliber and the presence of a market with strong foundations), the clustering effort will establish Greece as one of the world’s leading territories for conducting high quality applied clinical research and environmental health studies. The object of intervention of our Technology Transfer Office (Bionian TTO) is to confront and overcome accessibility problems between academic institutions and innovation and market members by providing specialized scientific and business services. These services are designed to facilitate the transfer of biotechnology processes, increasing the volume of trade and reducing the commercialization time of new products.
Facilitator of Bionian Cluster Non-for profit organization – Society of Biotechnology, Biosciences and Culture
- Membership at the National Biotechnology Committee on ETAK-ESPA Appropriation Funds, 2007 – 2013 (EU 7th Framework Program), of the General Secretariat in Research and Technology, Ministry of Development (2007 – 2009).
- Appointed form the General Secretariat in Research and Technology as a National Contact Point (NCP) for Greece for the 7th European Framework Program Thematic Priorities ‘Health’ & ‘ Food, Agriculture and Fisheries, and Biotechnology’ (2007 – 2013)
- Establishing and organizing the International Greek Biotechnology Forum (IGBF) in Greece for the period between 2004 – 2009.
- Mapping of the National Biomedical Innovation in Greece (up to 2009), along with the Human Capital on relevant sectors in Biotechnology and Biosciences in Greece and the Greek Diaspora.
- Publisher of the Scientific magazine Med Review (2006 – 2009) and the scientific online magazine www.biomagazine.gr (2002 – today)